- No server infrastructure dependency. Can be statically hosted on an AWS S3 bucket for example.
- Less code complexity. No server side code to maintain.
- Only one set of meta tags. Bad for SEO.
- Slower time to first meaningful paint.
- Full meta tag control. Different meta tags per route, including the ability to fetch dynamic data.
- Faster time to first meaningful paint.
- More infrastructure overhead. Requires a server (Docker, AWS ECR/EC2, or similar alternative)
- More code to maintain.
What is React Server Side Rendering and should I use it?